Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Featured Artist - Audrey Minard

 This is another post in a continuing series highlighting the artists whose work is currently hanging at the Sacred Arts Gallery at St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Albuquerque. 

Audrey Minard


I paint for the pleasure of painting and not as a livelihood. I always felt if I had to make a living at it, it would become a job and not a pleasure. However, I have done many commissions, mainly children and pets.

Self-taught for the most part, I’ve always had an interest in various painting media.

I started out in oils, having been mentored by my older sister who was an outstanding water color artist.

I took several community college courses in landscape, life drawing, water color and pastel. I belong to RGAA (Rio Grande Art Association) and served as member chair for MasterWorks of NM, Pastel Society and at one time the Colored Pencil Society of America. I always found involvement in fine organizations of this type to be an inspiration and education.

 

A Road Less Traveled


 

"Church at Madrid"


                                                 "Reflection"

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.