Sunday, September 12, 2021

Featured Artist - Pat Catlett

 I don't often purchase artwork.  Mostly because, although I love other artist's work, those works often inspire me to paint more of my own things.  However, I do have a number of paintings by Pat Catlett.  Pat writes and teaches others to write icons at ongoing workshops at St. Mark's after a career in graphic design.  But in addition to the very careful and prayerful work of iconography, look at the wonderfully loose and colorful paintings she creates as well.  These paintings, along with those of other talented artists, are part of a show that opened last week at St. Mark's Sacred Arts Gallery.  If you are in the area, please drop by and look at them in person, and maybe, like me, you will be inspired to purchase something to support the ongoing arts projects and programs at St. Mark's. 

"Cloudburst"

"Dancing Rain"

"After the Rain"

"Pedernal Summer Morning"

Gallery open during office hours Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.  Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to noon.  Please wear a mask while in the building.  Our Montessori school children are not old enough to be vaccinated.  Check upcoming blog posts for more featured artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.