Saturday, September 13, 2014

Behind The Garden Gate

In my last post I showed you a typical garden gate protecting a New Mexico courtyard.  One of my first memories of visits to Santa Fe as a child included walking from a very hot dry dusty lane that was Canyon Road in those days through a gate into a very different world, lush with tree, flowers and a burbling fountain.  Today folks landscape a little outside their gates, but in those days, it was blank adobe walls with colorful gates that you only wished you could see behind! Here a few glimpses...


I
Photograph by Kim Ashley
Painting by Mary Giacomini

Image Via
Photo by MarkStudio

Susan Blevens Garden - Taos - Photograph by Charles Mann

New Mexico Colors by D Neely
Add caption
A patio garden at a John Gaw Meem designed house on the 2012 tour, photo/Steve Collins

Kathryn and David Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.