Saturday, April 19, 2014

Potagere

Round looks a bit formal
Potagere, a French word for kitchen garden sounds so much more elegant than what it describes.  However, a potagere really can be elegant. 
The wicker obelisks are lovely
The French design their kitchen gardens on a grand scale.

Villandry, France - Image via
It is starting to warm up and my perennials are making an appearance.  I have been thinking of what vegetables to plant this year.  We have to plant in pots or raised beds to keep the ground squirrels from decimating our efforts to raise a few vegetables.  This year I am considering these...


Unless they have little squirrel sized grappling hooks, I am hoping the slick sides of these will deter the depredation!  Have any of you used these watering troughs for planters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.