Thursday, October 4, 2012

Classic Cars and Quilts

Apparently I am not the only one who loves classic cars.  Last week I saw at least 15 vintage cars cruising the streets of Albuquerque.    I am wondering if those folks were in town for the State Fair since there will be a Classic Chevy's and Corvair's Show on the 23 or perhaps driving through on their way to Farmington, New Mexico for the Farmington "Collector Car Weekend Cruise and Swap Show?

 I hope they took time to stop and look around at the State Fair because one of the most outstanding quilts was the one pictured above.  My photo does not do the quilt justice.  It was truly magnificent.  My only complaint is that it was displayed too far away to read the name of the creator so I am unable to give her/him credit.

Here are some other beautiful quilts, some entered in the competitions, and some displayed by the New Mexico Quilt Association.


Add caption



There were many more lovely quilts, but somehow I got too interested in examining them closely and forgot to take photos.  If you are a quilter and missed this showI will try to keep track of upcoming events for quilters and post something about those for you.  

All of you artists working in any media should consider entering something in next years Fair.  I won a third place ribbon on one the first things I made in miniature and the first time entering the competitions. (Hey, its my blog, I am allowed to brag!)
Fair attendee examining Dumbledore's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.