Friday, October 5, 2012

Do You Prefer Online Magazines or Ones That Arrive In the Mail?

I am only recently comfortable with the digital age.  I confess there are times when I still call my daughters to find out how to do something on the internet, although I now own an Ipad, a Mac laptop, and a digital camera. I probably would still be in the last century without the encouragement of my tech husband. 

My greatest joys in life are sitting down with a good book or opening a new magazine.   

                                                                                                              Some of my favorites are my Art Magazines...



 My Gardening Magazines  


My Design Magazines


However, today, I subscribed to three online magazines.  I had already been receiving the Lonnie Magazine online since that is the only way to get it.  But switch from an "in your hand" version?  I don't think so. 

I had been resisting doing so for many months because the best part of going to the mailbox is discovering a new issue of one of my favorite magazines just waiting for me to head home, brew my favorite tea, and sit awhile with it.  I savor unwrapping it from its protective plastic and even going through and tearing out all the annoying little postcard sized advertisements.  However, I don't enjoy the stacks of magazines teetering precariously on all my end tables, clogging up my bookshelves and filling up the trunk (or boot for my oversees readers) of the car to be carried down the hill and donated or recycled.

Perhaps as I get more used to finding my way around, looking at pages in a larger version, etc., I will change my mind and download more magazines to my Ipad, but for now, I am only looking at magazines online that are unavailable any other way.  How about you?  Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.