Saturday, March 24, 2012

Remembering 1977




Jimmy Carter was elected President
The Apple II computer went on sale
Queen Elizabeth celebrated 25 years as Queen of England
Snow falls in Miami, Florida, the only time in its history
Elvis Presley dies at 42
Fleetwood Mac's Grammy-winning album Rumours is released
A nuclear non-proliferation pact is signed by 15 countries, including the United States and the Soviet Union
Average Cost of new house $49,300.00
Average Income per year $15,000.00
Average Monthly Rent $240.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 65 cents 
The Medal of Freedom was awarded posthumously to the Rev. Martin 
Luther King Jr 
Alethea Elizabeth Gaume is born on March 24 at St. David's hospital

Happy birthday to my darling second daughter and this post is all for you!


Remembering some of your other birthdays:


Your "birth" Day


Home from the Hospital...too soon as it turned out.
Your first birthday-Not too sure about a rabbit cake!
Your second birthday.
 I know there is a photo of all your birthdays, but I can't locate the other box filled with photo albums.  Did you take some home?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mom! I had a very magical birthday indeed! Tim and I hiked into Slickhorn canyon on Cedar Mesa, found an intact 800 year old kiva in a cliff dwelling Indian ruin. It was very magical!

    Nope, didn't take any photos....

    Thanks for giving birth to me! Happy mamaversary!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please let me know you visited.